Recently, I have found myself about to go through several different life transitions. The interesting part is that I don’t exactly know what these transitions are. I could be terrified of starting a new chapter but I choose to look at this phase of life as exciting! Anything could happen and everything is possible! Sure, sometimes I think having stability would be ideal but that is just not where my life is right now so I am going to embrace it. I recently moved into a 2 bedroom house with 2 of my friends, 2 cats, 2 dogs, and a 12 year old girl…. yeah… crowded… yet amazing all at the same time! Needless to say, it has been hard to feel grounded and get a sense of direction without alone time. Also, the school year has ended which means I am done counseling for the summer and I feel like I need to get more in touch with myself. We must care for ourselves before we are capable of caring for others.
So what is my solution to get back on track? ROAD TRIP!!!!
Do you ever get that itch to just get in your car and drive wherever you feel like? I have had that for about a month and I am finally giving into it. Although I am not going to be wandering aimlessly in my car. This will be a very purposeful and spiritual journey where I will seek to learn lessons while being out of my comfort zone. I feel the most alive and learn the most about who I am while I am out of my comfort zone. To get the most out of this road trip, I have been doing research and developed goals that I will accomplish while on my journey:
Solo YOLO Goals
- Tap into intuition/God/energy (call it what you want)
- Seek clarity of next step towards my life’s purpose.
- Connect with friends along the way. Don’t you just love being around people that make you like yourself just a little more?
- Stay healthy. I am attempting to meal prep and find fun ways to workout as I trek across the western US. Wish me luck!
- Focus on myself. Being a counselor it is very easy to lose track of your own feelings and emotions so I want to get back to being me.
- Daily gratitude practice. My goal is to appreciate and notice how amazing life is. We can’t be grateful for things we don’t notice!
- Talk to strangers. That’s right… doing the exact opposite of what I was taught as a child. What’s the purpose of this? Get to know more about culture and different ways of thinking. Can you imagine if all people took the time to understand (not necessarily agree with) one another? I’m guessing this world would be a lot more peaceful.
- Explore local hot spots. I don’t want to be a tourist, I want a taste of what it would be like to live in whatever community I end up in.
That’s all I have for goals at this moment but if you have any other ideas, please share! I have an idea of where I will be going but I am not going to tell you because it could change since You Only Live Once. 😉 So my blog will be changing into a travel blog for the next 2.5 weeks! I plan on posting a blog whenever I feel inspired so I am hoping that is often! One thing I do on a regular basis is Snapchat sooooo you should probably add me…. Kristakr 😀 It’ll be easier to keep track of where I am, interesting strangers I run into, and any positive thoughts/experiences I have. I will also be taking pictures of butterflies! Why butterflies? A few months ago I went to a medium (who was very accurate by the way) and she told me signs of my mom being with me are butterflies. Which made complete sense since my mom loved them! Whether you believe in mediums or not, butterflies represent guidance to me so I will definitely be looking for them in all places!
I hope you tag along for my Solo YOLO Road Trip! It’ll be fun! I hope to see you on Snapchat as well! Remember to connect with me on social media and share this blog.
In case no one has told you lately… you are beautiful and you have purpose.